Thursday, May 24, 2012

Pulling the car with 4 sets of hooks in the back

I find it very tough to shoot this I have to run backwards as he approaches me pulling the car but this time I tried all the tricks in the book to get it right , mostly I avoid this segment as I rush forward to shoot the more exciting removal of the rods at the temple.

But I have shot this ritual extensively over the years and so this year I just drifted away, left midway for home, I have to keep my energy intact as I am going to Ajmer Sharif to be with my Malang brothers .

I leave in a day or two, my Peer brother Marc De Clercq is already there waiting for me , my host Peersaab Fakhru Miya Hujra no6 called me ..and he is the only person who loves me like his family , I stay in his house and he takes care of all my needs.

He along with his sons Farid Miya and Qambar Miya .. I have another good friend Saboor Bhai and the Sufi man of peace Syed Salman Chishti.. who only calls me Photographerno1.

I am dying here in Mumbai.. and I have to reach Ajmer and I will complete this set.. I have hardly shot anything new.

And as I am not showing the hijras of India to the public I will not shoot them as vigorously as I used to shoot them instead I will concentrate shooting the beggars and the Malangs and the Rafaees.

If I get time I will try to go to Pushkar I have only 4 or 5 days in hand including travel time .. and Char Yar beckons me ..and one day when I renounce all this material world and its trapping I would like to live in Ajmer among the Malangs and the beggars .

I have no other desire .. it died within me a very long time back..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube