Tuesday, May 22, 2012

One Life Time Is Not Enough To Understand The Magic of India

What I shoot is not sleigh of hand or hallucinatory trick but hardcore faith , faith that with hooks attached to human flesh on the back pulls cars rickshas and trucks..

At the Kumbh I have shot my Naga Sadhu guru Shri Vijay Giri Maharaj pull a car with his penis .. and I have over the years shot possession , trance and exorcism..

This is the genre of my photography, that is considered blasphemy heresy , but fuck who care I shoot with my eyes my vision my camera I dont shoot with the blinkers on your eyes .. I shoot faith faith that moves mountains.

There were a lot of things in life I was allowed to see but restricted to shoot.. and I have no complaints I shoot Truth and I dont ridicule the people I shoot or their rituals culture I shoot it every year because I have gained the trust respect of the people I shoot..

And they know I am a Muslim , a Shia Muslim who cuts his head thrice a year during Moharam, I have flagellated my back with blades I walk on fire.. I have shot King Cobras only a whisker away from my dumb face but I lived when my time comes to die I will peacefully go away.

I chose photo blogging as the medium to showcase My India My Mumbai my Bandra ,,,my Bandra Blogs .. I dont share my stuff with newspapers and magazines actually they are so pompous arrogant and conceited they would die if they really shot as passionately as I shoot what I was destined to shoot.

And I have my limitations no financial help, no sponsors so I shoot close to home I dont run and shoot the mediocre stuff what others like to shoot..

I shoot the Hijras the Hijra shaman hijra children and the hijra courtesans .. I shall shoot them in Ajmer but the general public will never see what I shoot .. this documentary the privilege of my closest friends on Flickr and Google+.

I will be reviving my spiritual allegiance and pledge with my Dam Madar Peer and meet my Peer brother Marc De Clercq shoot some new adventures .

I take things as they come I flow with the stream..

I shall be with my host Peersaab Fakhru Miya Hura no6 at Ajmer incase you guys want to connect with me there I shall be entering the City of Peace Ajmer barefeeet leaving my ego back in Mumbai just carrying the nourishment of my alter ego humility only and the cosmic eye of Shiva lodged in my camera.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube