Thursday, May 31, 2012

I Arrive at Moti Katla Hijra Haven..Ajmer

Every year I came as a beggar and barefeet to Ajmer Sharif a ramshackle bag held my clothes but this year my wife bought me a VIP high end suitcase because she felt that I should not compromise on the safety of my camera ... however I left my Canon camera EOS 60 D in my stachel.. I had nothing expensive on my person..

I bought a lot of fabrics for my host Peersaab Fakhru Miya Hujra no 6 .. the Malang dress that I wore for a single day I gifted to Rafik Bhai Baba right hand of my Dam Madar Malang head and Peer Baba Masoomi of Gawalior.

The cycle ricksha guy was happy to pose with me I carried my Malang silver wooden stick.. but nobody messed with me .. I dont need a stick to drive home a point..

I shot a lot of hijras but not many hijras turned up at his Urus as a lot of Hijra heads had died in a fire in Delhi so the hijras were in mourning...

A little away from the vegetable market of Moti Katla is the hijra abode , the high end rich hijras stay here in the guest houses that belong to their Khadims.

I spent most of my time shuttling between the Malangs the Sufi order to which I belong and this place.. I climbed the mountains and later spent an evening at Pushkar ..

All in all it was a nice peaceful breakaway .. I fed the poor and the needy and shot them too... to acclimatize you to their unending world of pain..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube