Saturday, May 12, 2012

Do they really care about life .. they have drugged their souls to sleep


I shoot drug addicts , a very volatile deeply burnt two legged creature of the streets , they carry blades with them , to either hurt you or hurt themselves if they are caught by cops , they carry blades in their mouth , and will use it as and when.

They have no humanity it died in their sleep, they collect refuse garbage scavengers and they shoot themselves in dark dinghy back lanes .. I know all their haunts and I become invisible when I shoot them the gift of an unobtrusive street photographer.

Their main haunt is the newly made skywalk of Bandra or the station road , they ideally sleep through out the day , and the pangs begin when they wake up, having been on drugs the chillum myself in my college days hooked on hash I know the feeling..I saw friends drop dead, I visited opium dens at Foras Road and ganja joints at Peela house..

So I know what I shoot , I gave up drugs and cigarettes soon after marriage I was 25 , the booze was the toughest addiction that would not leave me I have not touched booze since 17 years instead I got hooked to the camea and got fucked on the Internet ..

Facebook was the other addiction and luckily I cauterized it from my cybernetic soul last September..and Google+ is not an addiction .. it is part of my GMail..

And I am on a sudden sabbatical at home I have made a decision and getting used to the after effects of it..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube