Sunday, April 29, 2012

An Ode To My Great Father In Law

inspired by my friend Jack.. C Crawford

it is the father in law
with his chutzpah
who adds hope
humanity
to our married life
with all
its flaws
he balances
the marital seesaw
before we
get mauled
by the mother
in law
she loves
her daughter
more than
the son outlaw
before we
met our wives
it was her mother
we saw
with the rolling pin
in one hand
in the other
hand
the hacksaw

a fun rhyme
with malice to none
to my mother in law
i am her best one

Both my parents are dead and it is my in laws I consider mother and father , initially they were not willing to give me their daughter ..I was 25 with a salary of Rs750 .. I drank , I had a roving eye .. I was crazy too.. but they gave in and I am married for 35 years now ..thanks to them I became a good person I think so..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube