Monday, April 9, 2012

My Wife said ,.. Did You Not Shoot This Last Year ..


My wife is a very simple god fearing human loving Muslim lady a Shia with Iranian genealogy,she has no issue what I shoot or how I dress , though she gets hurt when I walk barefeet with her dressed in saffron, she in a hijab,

I mostly walked ahead of her and sometimes if I entered a shop people mistook me for a Sadhu beggar but became apologetic on seeing my wife coming to my rescue..

I have stopped wearing saffron, but I do walk barefeet only in my Malang clothes on Sundays...and when I set out to shoot Good Friday her words Did You Not Shoot This last Year was to remind me that I could post last years pictures , and simply because she knows I dont eat anything unlike the Christians I am not fasting but I am sharing their spirituality and piety and last year I had collapsed due to my diabetic condition while shooting the 14 Stations of the Cross.. so it was her wife's way of trying to dissuade me but not stop me from shooting this again.

And seeing this picture I realized be it a mother wife sister a relative always feels the pain of another relative and this brings to an end one section of the Good Friday documentary I inserted another 16 GB card to complete the rest of this story.

I had only one card but on Thursday wife took a bus to Fort to buy me two more cards of 16GB each as I was at work..to help me shoot Good Friday is aother strange thing about our loved ones .. they say one thing but mean another ..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube