Thursday, March 1, 2012

She Followed Me From The Turner Road Traffic Signal Till Hill Road Bandra

She wanted 100 bucks and I was not that generous , than she said she was hungry wanted to eat usal pau, bread and gram curry costing Rs 19 I handed her Rs 25 , but she wanted 100 bucks that I politely refused , I shoot pictures of hijras I give money as charity and wont be extorted by anyone..

When we came to the Hill Road signal I made her pose at the Globus shop window..these are the beggar hijras , among them are disillusioned youth who crosss dress and beg like hijras these guys are known as hijra impostors .


I visited the Kamatipura hijra lanes met a lot of youngsters who came here to Mumbai with dreams of becoming an actor than gave up and became pretty hijras ..they requested me not to shoot them because it would hurt their families .. and I shot them with my minds eyes .

I visited the cubicles at the Hijra cages Peela House saw the creaky beds the stench of urine , bedsheets dried semen and at that time I was not a photographer .. than I met Heens and Salma both hijras very beautiful and began shooting their world , of pain ..

Its been a very long time I have not gone to Peela House I will one day for sure , connect with the denizens of this nether world.

I prefer shooting the beggar hijras , humble down to earth destined to doom and no steps leading to a better future ..but one thing is certain I meet hijras I dont stalk them or pursue them at all.. this gift is called Hijra Vardan.

I have mobile numbers given to me by the hijras I never call them at all, my documentary of hijras is Gd assisted .. I shoot them when I see them.

I have lost my earlier adventurous spirit and my earlier freedom ..so I cant move freely ..but somehow I do get to shoot hijras because they are just a walk from my new work space ..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube