Thursday, March 1, 2012

Maria The Leper Lady of Boran Road

226,082 items / 1,869,613 views

My hands shake when I take her pictures because I know she knows I am shooting her , she is very perceptive , she has stumps of hands and she keeps a container within a container , so whatever she gets as alms she pushes it in the bottom container as there are crooks who will drop a coin and filch the notes that lie within the container ..


Her daughter Mary is not a leper but begs at the Bazar , and Marys children have been educated by Maria and both are doing well, I have shot Maria extensively .

My American friend Glenn Losack is very fond of her and her grand children..

Where she sits in a narrow path the light is very harsh but does it matter to her or to my camera ,,, I shot what I saw Maria and her spectral spirituality and her solitude ..and the soliloquy of her lyric less silence


I am trying to get used to the EOS Canon 7D as a street photographers camera , it is heavy and takes time .. but I am enjoying every moment shooting with it ..

My 4 year old grand daughter Marziya Shakir is at ease using both Nikon or Canon..

And today she got her first Laptop as a gift from my Boss as both of them share their birthday on 24 November .. both are creative talented and born visionaries ..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube