Monday, February 13, 2012

Haji Malang 2012 Finale My Climb Down Malangad Mountains Barefeet



After I had shot the Sultan Shah Baba Urus within , I came out and the qawaali session began I was tired hungry, I decided not to shoot anymore , I thought of heading back to Haji Malang and on the way back I met a lot of hijras but I was in no mood to photography, an incident with a Hazari possessed woman had put me off completely, I dont know whether she was really possessed or putting on a show for the crowds and I am a mystic Dam Madar Malang , I left it between her and God moved out without taking leave of the Patils the Hindu Khadims of Sultan Sha Baba.

I met Abdul Bawa of Kalyan , he had invited me to Haji Malang this year we spoke bit he is a clairvoyant he narrated my Ajmer trip the incidents that had I had incurred at the Graves of the Hijra saint and his biological son my return to Mumbai in detail.. and all correct ..

I met Sakib had dinner at a restaurant and at 2.30 am I decided to walk down the mountains head for home , I had work responsibilities ,at my new job.. I had taken leave till Monday but I aborted my stay , Sakib insisted I stay back leave in the morning I politely refused..

And the climb down in the night in semi darkness was tiring I stopped at a few places had tea , my legs were hurting badly and this was my first time I did not shoot pictures , what could I shoot in the dark.

I reached the foothills at 5 am , to be told the first bus for Kalyan station would come by 5.30 it was late , when the bus came the crowds unruly and ..luckily I met a transgender boy Steven, his company was comforting , he spoke fluent English , he was doing his further studies had a job that got him a tidy some of money but he had voluntarily decided to become a Eunuch..

More about him on the next picture I shot of him at the Malangad Bus Depot..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube