Friday, May 20, 2011

If The Hijra Stopped Dancing He Woul Die

186,255 items / 1,469,972 views

The poetry within his soul would die and the hijra may or may not have formal training in dance but dance comes to him naturally like fish takes to water after being hatched.. swishing their tails in delight ..

I love shooting hijras dancing during the sandal procession but is is a very crowded affair narrow lanes at Haji Malang and it is the beat of the drums that brings out the angst of the hijras .. when the hijra dances time stops completely.. though I continue to shoot pictures of their androgynous gyrations and pelvic thrusts on the soul of Man.

And I am new to photographing the soul of the hijras maybe five or six years but they have their spirit embedded in the soul of my camera I say this with sheer head bowed humility .. for me shooting hijras is not photography if it was you would see images these are movements of my poetry .. shot as pictures ..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube