Monday, May 9, 2011

By The Way You Are Not A Shia

115,433 items / 752,905 views

I got this message on Facebook , because I told the person I was not a majlis hopper , she wanted to know about majlis in Mumbai .

I gave her a guys number who is deep in Shia events and updates me too.. even the Bahrain pro March he told me about it or I would have never known..

So I sent a message to this Facebook friend

why just because a man goes to a mosque he becomes a muslim


i am not a fan of mullahs i keep away from them .. my shiasm runs in my blood stream

my karbala is embedded in my heart soul..

perhaps i am not the kind of shia you think a shia to be

a shia is also a product of his surroundings ..

if i was not a shia you would have not approached me in the first place

any way take care .. sometimes the depth of an ocean lies in the poetry of his soul..


"Hussian-o-Minni wa Ana Minul Hussain". (Hussain is from me and I am from Hussain)


my poem

i am a hindu shia
born bred in india
my karbala
is bordered
by the himalayas
my euphrates
is ganga jamna
this is the land
of my forefathers
my cosmic path
i hold dear
my shiasm
is not a facade
or a fake veneer
from the call of
the muezzin
to fight one
muslim against
another
I stay clear
I would rather
be a kafir
than be a Wahabbi
or a Salafi
or a Ahle Hadees
my soul
with dead ashes
i would smear
i am nothing
believe me
on the soul
of humanity
a mothers tear
now you can call
me a sunni
or call me a shia

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube