Friday, April 1, 2011

Reshma Hijra of Lal Mitti

178,533 items / 1,399,747 views

He was a nice cute guy living near the slums he was known as Asif , Ismail Chacha remembers him fondly but than Asif flew the roost I dont know that part of his life story he joined the hijra community and I met him at Bandra Bazar road , he became fond of Marziya my grand daughter and every time he came to the market he would drop in to inquire about her at my old workplace..
Than I shot him and his troupe performing at a neighbors pre wedding occasion..

Of all the hijra events this wedding performance dance is the most memorable not just because of the Hijra oomph but simply watching the old folks enjoying themselves the horny kids dancing and rubbing the hardest part of them with the gyrating hijras.

And mind you the hijras come tanked to be oblivious to their surroundings to the touch and go that follows , seeties cat calls and not to be missed Munni Badnam Hui...

There was another hijra performance but somehow I missed it and cursed myself..

Marziya does not get intimidated by the hijras and like me knows most of the hijras of Lal Mitti though she watches them in sheer fascination , its been a very long time I have not met Reshma , the hijras of Lal Mitti avoid the Bandra Bazar from the Bandra Reclamation end, because of the eve teasers we have plenty, so they come in quietly from the further end of the Masjid lane to reach the Bandra fish market .

Hijras of Bandra love fish and Raksh chela of Laxmi my hijra guru, makes fabulous fish curry Oriya style.. Raksha is a hot beauty full blooded from Orissa.

Reshma is also known by many names , but she is a charming hijra and a good human being..
Perhaps you guys at the other end of the spectrum on Facebook wonder why I write about hijras and this was a blank post I just added test, simply because I would get sick and tired stuffing my religiosity down your necks , or writing about the hackneyed news on Raja and Co.

In a way as a blogger I am never going to be short of stories they happen every second down below the lane where I live..

I dont stalk hijras but yes they follow me and we meet at cross roads thanks to destiny and androgynous fate.

And the beginning of a new morning of life... starts now

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube