Thursday, April 21, 2011

Mumbai The City of Love Peace Hospitality

181,139 items / 1,427,579 views

My stories are as real as my pictures.


Today my dear Croatian friend Damir visited my workplace I had not seen him or Zlatko since the time I shot them at Carter Road.

They left St Peter Church and are lodging with Ollie brother of Al the Tattoo Artist of Bandra Hill Road.

Damir is a nice bloke sincere and genuine he told me Firoze what you did for us cannot be bought by money, and as an aside what I did was zilch, I had money I would have given to them but I have been going through bad troubled times emotionally financially.

I had spoken to Ollie to help them he did he is bigger in his generosity hospitality than I am.



The person sitting with us is a Bhaiyya house to house fruit vendor a nice guy too and I made him part of our world our story.


From my work space I took Damir to my house to show him the pictures I have posted on the internet via Flickr, they dont have a mobile phone nor internet access , so he was very happy he added me as his friend on Facebook too.

He was touched seeing his picture I had documented of his few cherished moments in Mumbai , they are forbidden to pay their street music at Carter Road , they can play but not collect money but they need money to help them to move on the next trip of their journey, they want a ship passage to Iran and from Iran they will cycle back to their homeland in Croatia..

And is Mumbai my beloved city that is hope for all of us.

Mumbai my city of Love Peace Hospitality.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube