Thursday, April 21, 2011

Da Mir Pan And The Beggar Poet of Bandra Mumbai

181,147 items / 1,427,597 views

The man sitting next to Da Mir Pan is a fruit vendor , he sells fruits from house to house and he comes every day to Bandra from a far of place , I respect him because hard work too is a poem of life that connects with God and his Godliness , we are cosmically connected to each other through our individual souls caste color religion or nationality is much lower in the order in terms of our collective ethos of Humanity.

I am a beggar poet , life has come to me in a cosmic beggar bowl, moments precious semi precious fall in this bowl of existence ..and existence is subjective different to different people.

My camera makes even the unhidden come alive and like a vital chord connect with others too.

Pain is what I shoot and pain keeps me alive as much as it keeps you alive too.

The umbilical cord of life connects man with God through pain.

Sometimes I wonder why I keep falling in love , love is the only emotion that hurts when you receive and when you give or barter it too.

My beloved wont understand it.. she is a figment of my psyche she is my muse she is my poetry my passion and my pathos.

She is hope million miles away from me..traversing my soul with conceptions with her analysis that are so different from mine .. her world is more brighter than mine , I live as membrane beneath the underbelly of poetic pain.. I hurt so I live.. Death would be the end of all hurts per se.

I took Da Mir Pan home and my 3 year old grand daughter Marziya Shakir kissed his hand , mans hands are the most healing objects of his anatomy.. hands that create hands that destroy too..

She shot us both and played his didgeridoo too..strangely she has never seen one in her life but than she is highly gifted child Marziya Shakir worlds youngest street photographer who shoots with my Nikon D 80 and began her tryst with photography from the age of 2.

She learnt photography with a cloth ted around her face a blindfold actually , she learnt to feel and make the camera her slave her limb and today she has complete control over it.. photographers are born in the mothers womb only their pictures are born in the camera .. and photography is nothing but tantric kundalini unleashing energy to capture the soul of man and his surroundings.

She had shot us earlier too but she connects brilliantly with Da Mir Pan..

And so through Facebook Da Mir Pan enters my world at Flickr.com .. a complex world of blood my Shia heritage my Hindu culture and my Christian upbringing and a Jewish mentor Dr Glenn Losack MD.. my poetry my passion my pathos overriding the soul of my pictures captured by the Third Eye of Shiva.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube