Saturday, April 9, 2011

Fuck So What ?

179,280 items / 1,410,664 views

She is a beggar hijra a hardcore devotee of Lord Balaji, her fate in this Lord and Deity is unshakable , and unflinching , she leaves everything to visit his Holy Shrine at Tirupati..

She comes back bald, and once again hits the Turner Road Traffic Signal where she begs with her motley group, these are the lowest of the low in hijra hierarchy..but their pain their sufferings are part of their cosmic fate and karmic survival.

But beneath them are the hijra whores and commercial workers whose life is more degrading and AIDS prone , uncared totally neglected..and will they be availing of Multipurpose National Identity Card or Unique Identification card (UID Card)..I dont know..

I know this Lakshmi since many years she has not aged she has not changed earlier I would buy them sarees in a lot and give it to them I got then dirt cheap from the flea market at Duncan Street close to Chor Bazar , but than I stopped going to Chor Bazar and the Kamatipura flea market completely.. its been more than 3 years now or more.


I met her a few days back and she invites me to her shanty in Dharavi but I politely refuse she treats me like a elder brother , and respects me a lot, she will never ever ask me for money but waits till I give her something.

She is very polite very low profile and does not clap her hands or make obscene gestures and this goes for all the beggar hijras who man the Turner Road traffic Signal at Bandra close to Waterfield Road.

if he had not
become a hijra
a hypothetical thought
he would have been
a man not an in between
caught in miserable plot
on the streets as he begs
grovels and rots
handcuffed to a hijra slot
absolute zero absolute naught
misery that his fate has bought
a missing womb a missing twat
castrated cacophony
burning hot a stigma
a bleeding blot legs spread
face gagged by a pillow
as he gets fucked
on a creaky cot
used abused
in the hijra cages
or the parking lot
says sanctimonious
conscience of a racist
society dont
they fuck women
in whore houses
he is only a hijra
fuck so what?

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube