Monday, March 28, 2011

Walking Pilgrimage Cross Maidan to Mount Mary

177,967 items / 1,393,378 views

I was at my computer when at about 4 am I saw a huge crowd from my window, I took my camera bag and followed them barefeet froom Bandra Reclamation To Mount Mary Basilica .

These Catholic walkers pilgrims had walked all the way from Cross Maidan to Bandra Reclamation , they had begun the walk from Cross Maidan at 10 pm the night before.

I saw their spirit , their devotion powered by Jesus Christ and without any noise they walked in silence a few rosaries in their hands, old young men women and kids.

There was a Muslim boy Shabbir from Santa Cruz he too had walked with the Christians from Cross Maidan to Mount Mary.

He was surprised that I was a Muslim too.. I was not attired or bejeweled as I usually am..

I reached the gates of the Mount Mary Basilica it was totally jam packed and the 5.30 am mass had already begun, I climbed a wall and shot pictures and after the mass entered the Basilica shot the interiors and shot the Bishop too who had presided over the mass.

This was quite an experience and I reached home at about 8 am.

In the courtyard of the Basilica Felix Sequeira my friend offered coffee and biscuits to the pilgrims I had a cup too, I missed my dear friend Monsignor Neris Rodriques I was told he is down with Malaria.


I was also told this walk was in its 23 year...

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube