Saturday, March 19, 2011

Manjula Koli Worli Gaon

176,258 items / 1,380,681 views

Last year I shot the Holi festival, burning of the Holi at Worli gaon with my dear friend Jean Paul from France..and a year has slipped away.

Manjula and her Koli family had invited us there, Manjula has her fish stall at Bandra Fish Market and is Marziyas favorite , because Marziya understands the koli language thanks to Manjula, Marziya has grown up in Manjuls lap, the fisherwomen at the Bandra Bazr call my grand daughter Marziya Koli.

But Marziya does not eat fish as her mother does not eat fish too..

Manjula had invited me for her daughters wedding but I just could not make it I was out of town.

I have a great respect for the Kolis having lived for a short while at Manjlapada Danda where we had our first independent home..

The riots of 93 changed all that I shall not talk about it on this blog ..of peace hope and humanity.


I dont know whether I will go to Worli again but yes I do and will always miss Alibagh on Holi day I spent with Jayant Dhulap his family shooting the Alibagh bullock cart races..

Its been two years that they have been discontinued I was told.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube