Thursday, March 17, 2011

Hijras at The All India Hijda Sammelan Park Site Vikhroli Mumbai

176,148 items / 1,378,081 views


The kids in the picture were from the neigboring slums as excited and curious about the hijras as anyone else.

But I was the cynosure of all hijra eyes this was my first time so to speak coming out to shoot the hijras in their den...

And it is not easy shooting pictures dressed like me..some thought I was out to steal their souls some called me Behrupiya or government spy ...keeping tab on the hijra community some though I had nothing on my mind but to fuck hijras.. a thought that shamed me as a poet and a human being too.. hijras are exotic hybrid fruit seasonal too for those connoisseurs gourmands who love hijra sexuality ..and partake in it.

My hijra documentation was to educate inform about hijra life up close through a street photographer and a street poets eyes nothing more nothing less..


And much water has flown under the bridge since I shot the All India Hijda Sammelan I have matured as a photographer as I was fresh when I shot these pictures my earliest tryst with the camera and the hijras too.

I shot beggar hijras at Versova Juhu signal yesterday but have a lot of pictures to upload I have deliberately kept them on hold ...refurbishing my hijra set at Flickr Dot Com.. now aptly renamed as Hijda Eunuch Blogs at Flickr Dot Com.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube