Sunday, March 20, 2011

Graves of the Hijda Saint and his Biological Son

176,342 items / 1,381,607 views

At The Grave of The Eunuch Saint and his Son

Finally dripping from head to toe I reached the foothill from the top of the Taki Naki Shrines at the grave of the Eunuch Saint his biological son, the name plate has HIJDA written in Hindi, there are couple of graves here that I had shot from the peak of Taki Naki Shrines.
The main grave is of Bibi Jamal the daughter of Jaipal Jadugar of Yore , she was sent by the Jadugar or the Wizard King to seduce the Kwajah Moinuddin Chisthti Al Sabri, when in those days the Khwajah had made this place his home , had gathered lots of followers who converted to Islam from the suffocating caste based religion of those days , mainly Hinduism.
This angered Jaipal Jadugar he tried all his magical tricks to get rid of the Khwajah , even his own daughter begged forgiveness of the Khwajah accepted Islam became the Khwajah earliest disciples, her grave brings a lot of barren women here the fruit of a tree with her blessings adds to the fertlity of a barren woman..
The Eunuch as the story goes did not believe in the Kwajah challenged him to bestow him with a child , he would accept Islam, the Khwajah sent him to the tomb of Bibi Jamal the new name of the converted daughter of Jaipal Jadugar ..
The Eunuch challenged her too, became pregnant realized his stupid demand , folly and begged forgiveness asked the Holy Khwajah to intervene on his behalf he no more wanted the child growing in his womb.. His words were accepted by Bibi Jamal she threw a ball told him to follow it .. the story goes he fell of a cliff into the ravines where he lies and the child split out of his body, is buried next to him.
This is the most revered place of worship for the Hijdas , Eunuchs the transgender the hijdas of India , they do not come here via the route I came but through a motorable short cut from Taragadh , which was shown to me by a tribal boy from Fakira pada..going back the way I had come would have been my end..

This place is called Chashme Nur..on the way to Taragadh Mountains.

I was completely exhausted , dehydrated was wearing the uncomfortable Moroccan Djellaba , with nothing inside.. in a Dhoti I could have stripped to my waist , this was not possible in the djellaba..
And this was my first trek.. that I was not aware where my feet would take me..
I was barefeet too..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube