Sunday, February 27, 2011

Shooting Hijras and Beyond

172,486 items / 1,343,979 views

This ends one lot of pictures of Haji Malang Urus , there is still more of Khushi and finally my short time at Sultan Shah Baba and my climb down the Malangad Mountains ..it has taken me over a week to upload all this and though my camera is not in the best of health I still managed to shoot as much as I could.

Basically I dont shoot pictures I shoot seconds minutes and hours ..I shoot slithering time as it touches my camera impulses , maybe I shoot the same thing but than I am the last person to be governed by photography fucked laws .. of line curves and alignment..

I dont photo shop my images I post them as they are bricks of my mind foundations of my poetic soul.

Khush was an inspiration and mind you I am barefeet , people trampling my toes and me protecting her from the villains to the best of my ability.


I hardly slept at Hji Malang even night turns to darkness but never sleeps.

I dont mix around and shoot what triggers my soul ... my pictures are poems I composed them on the soul of a memory card.

Good pictures bad pictures dont matter I shot reality and reality shoots me surrealistically is all I can say at this stage.

I am not greedy for pictures I know better pictures than these would have come by at the Hijra Sandal of Sultan Shah Baba patron Saint of some Hijra groups but I let it pass , I cooly walked down the mountains least bothered about my loss I had a 20 GB card in spare too, but I could not wait till midnight shoot the Sandal and come back to Mumbai the next morning I had to be at my work place as soon as possible..


Photography is a manic obsession that does not kindle the house kitchen nor does it supplement it either , shooting life is my high kick and nasha only but yes I can unhook myself when I want ..unlike alcohol that I was once victim of and gave it up for good since about 12 years.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube