Friday, February 4, 2011

Our Clothes Reflect The Sadness Sorow of Our Spiritual State

166,668 items / 1,306,869 views

Another 60 pictures and I take you within the walls of Rehmatabad Shia cemetery to show you a moment of sheer pain and sorrow that encapsulates Chhelum Arbaeen 40 day Martyrdom of Imam Hussain grandson of the Holy Messenger of Islam.

The events within begin with marsiya recital a majlis ad before the majlis ends hardcore matam, zanjir kama and sword, a sight you will never see , the area in the cemetery is totally jam packed once you enter you can only leave at the end , shooting this is shooting a veritable war zone, one wrong move you lose your limbs or your eyes.


I had the toughest time shoting this with my raw wound on the head and barefeet and my soaring blood sugar level diabetic condition.

This is a very graphic set so use your discretion while viewing the images as they unfold , I have thus housed them in a separate set and this will end the Mumbai Chehlum series.

After this I shot the Mira Road Juloos and 28 SAfar at Zainabia.

So it is a dark series of ongoing pain Moharam and Shiasm.

In between I also shot a Pathan vendor from Kabul selling salajit an aphrodisiac at Bhendi Bazar street corner and this is an interesting street portrayal..he gave me a quarter kilo expensive salajit as gesture of friendship and good faith.. I have yet to taste it...it lies staring at me along with my other diabetic medicine...

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube