Sunday, February 6, 2011

A Blog Speaks Out Of Turn

167,461 items / 1,309,680 views

So far I have posted 700 images in this series of Chehlum at Rehmatabad Shia cemetery, I was rationing my shots as blood had seeped into my camera and three batteries I had exhausted , I shot over 700 images all the cemetery in a three hours , at the most..and I know when to stop.

Shooting pictures is like poetry bringing the poem to an end is more difficult than beginning it, and I am a barefeet poet photographer of Mumbai.

My MTNL Broadband net connection has suddenly gone slow erratic but the MTNL linesmen and the heads take care of my problems so I am not grumbling as I did earlier ...

A lot of people think I am always on the net I am not , but my batch uploads continue even when I am away from my comp... I have no bad vices unless you consider blogging as one.

I dont smoke drink do drugs or sell my pictures.

I show you my world my backyard where not just angels but photo journalists fear to tread.

Mostly at the cost of my life I slip on the floor under the legs of the sword matamdar and shoot directly into his eyes.. this is my euphoric high.

Shooting Moharam is a passion as a photographer as a poet and as a human being....my being a Shia is the cosmic inheritance of my Birth.

I chose my religiosity in my mothers womb...in a way I chose my mother and father too...my forefathers on my dads side may have been Sunnis but I am proud to be a Shia.

My mothers side was poets related to the bloodline of Mir Anees.

We are Moghul Pathans

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube