Sunday, February 6, 2011

Shooting The Soul of Shiasm and Ghame Hussain in a Tear Drop of A Photo Blog

167,386 items / 1,309,346 views


This is one of the most intense series I have shot this Moharam, my tryst this year with Ghame Hussain began on 7 Moharam at Chennai and continued till Ashura .

Than I came back to Mumbai and shot the Kurla juloos of Pappu Bhai, the Mehfil Julooos , Guru Nanak Park Juloos Bandra East Juloos , 20 Safar juloos Dongri, and than Chehlum in Hussain Tekri Jaora the next day on my return from Husssain Tekri Jaora I shot the Mumbai Chehlum in one single day in two parts , one the Chehlum road procession from Moghul Masjid Iranian Mosque till the doors of Rehmatabad Shia cemetery.

The second more graphic and bloody segment within the walls of Rehmatabad Shia cemetery , this is about a 1000 images or so, I dont work or re size my pictures posting them as I shot them in a war zone like situation, I was barefeet with a wound on my head , I had done my kama zani at Hussain Tekri Jaora with the Kashmiri Shia my Kama zani which I interpret as a Dance of Death Tandav on the Soul of Shimr.

The last part of Rehmatabad is Habib Nassers sword matam the most grievous and mind blowing.

After Chehlum in Mumbai 2011 I shot the Mira Road juloos and the 28 Safar Anjuman e Asghariya Shabbedari which I have to yet upload to Flickr.

On hold are pictures of my barefeet trek of Chabbuk Sharif Hussain Tekri Jaora.

Now Moharam will finally end on Athvi I dont know where I will shoot I have already shot Malad Malvani Athvi and Govandi Athvi in Mumbai over the years.

So I leave it to Princess Zehra I will get a hint from her where to go or where to shoot.

Lucknow I have distanced myself completely the city of my birth, so Athvi there is totally out of the question.. maybe the Kala Tazia of Delhi... I dont know.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube