Sunday, January 30, 2011

QAM Gay Pride March 2011 My New Set At Flickr Dot Com

164,804 items / 1,297,577 views

I start a new series at my Flickr photo stream, keeping the rest of my religious uploads on hold,the Queer Azadi March Gay Pride 2011 , which began at the August Kranti Marg Gowalia Tank 29 January 2011 ..an event more upbeat than the misfired Hindustan Times No TV Day.

As a photo blogger and a hetero sexual disciple of Hijra Icon Laxmi Narayan Tripathi I have shot this event almost every year , simply because the gay lesbian hijras need our support and it is a human and noble cause.

Also because I have some great friends in the gay community members and founders of Humsafar , Ashok Row Kavi , Vivek Anand Nitin Karani and Palav .

I am a great fan of Mr Anand Grover he is an inspiration , and has fought tooth and nail so the gay community can walk with pride..

I came here barefeet and shot this till the very end , the march was inaugurated by Ms Celina Jaitley champion of the gay lesbian and hijra community.

As I am not a reporter type just a poet and a photo blogger I shall keep text bare minimum just enjoy my pictures as I make you relive every moment I shot with all of you .

The Mumbai Police were simply great and the March went of peacefully the crowds cheered and supported the resurgence of Gay Pride in Mumbai..



Thank you Celinaji for this picture ...my camera lens was paying homage to the best of you.. in flesh spirit poetry passion and pathos.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube