Saturday, January 29, 2011

Hazri and Holistic Healing At Hussain Tekri Jaora 2011 My New Set Within a Set at Flickr Dot Com

164,511 items / 1,295,706 views

Hussain Tekri Jaora is verily a mental hospital for the possessed the insane the demented the crazy the poor in flesh and spirit.

Through divine intervention of the Shia Shrines of Bibi Fatima , Bibi Zainab Bibi Sakina , Hazrat Ali Hazrat Imam Hussain and Hazrat Abbas the possessed known as Hazri seek help, and undergo a twice daily regimen of loban soul that indeed holistically heals them.


People from all over India come here , predominantly Hindus , tribal folks and Sunni Muslims and others , the Shias come here for participating in the Chehlum celebrations , that go on for a few days with majlis matam azadari and juloos.

They too invoke the Ahle Bayt in their own way I was here for two days and shot what I could , there are many stories I heard , and people swear by Hussain Tekri Jaora a fascinating spiritually intriguing place..

I shot the Hussain Tekri Chabuk Sharif with charas or hashish fields abound under government control..I was told by the Hindu Khadim whose family have been here and seen veiled horsemen at Chabuk Sharif.

The sewer pond where men women bury themselves alive in the muck I shot but was warned that they would smash my camera , so I shot all this from a hole in a sheet covering this pond..

I shot the devils tree stump, and yes I did not shoot Abbas who gets Hazri behaves like a snake bangs his head against steel doors at Bibi Fatimas Shrine every year the last I shot him 7 years back, he stopped my camera , the Nikon D70 it just refused to shoot went dead completely I spent Rs 9900 to get it repaired and eventually sold the camera body for Rs 5000..

I saw Abbas squirming on the floor but did not shoot him at all this time ..

And two people who inspired this set are Ghulam Chippa and Dr Glenn Losack MD from New York Manhattan.

Ghulam Cippas Hussain Tekri videos on this subject are on You Tube.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube