Saturday, January 29, 2011

Hazri at the Holy Shrine Hussain Tekri Jaora 2011

164,515 items / 1,295,778 views

When the body of a person his or her mind comes under attack from an alien source , and the person takes on the mental make up of another personality , what we call possession is known as Hazri..

I have shot this phenomenon at many Dargahs and during Urus , Hazri mostly comes on young women and the state they turn into could be volatile violent , they shake their heads , shake their bodies and the vocal sound is basically grunts groans and wolfish screams.

At Hussain Tekri Jaora the effect of Hazri is intense and also at Meera Datar Dargah Unjha in Gujrat , this dargah I have not shot as yet.. I will one day hopefully.

I have met a lot of Shamans but Peersaab Fakhru Miya Hujra No 6 Ajmer removes demons black magic and spells through incantations of the Holy Scriptures and Ahle Bayt.

As this subject fascinates me I have shot it extensively and at the same time here in Hussain Tekri I participated in my Shia rituals too besides shooting this in stop gaps, I also cut my head on the last and final day of my stay here in a ritual called Kamazani, I bled a lot and thanks to the JUST guys from Dongri my bleeding stopped I left the same night to catch a train for Mumbai and shot the Mumbai Chehlum too.

There were Rafaees at Hussain Tekri Jaora but I did not mingle with them I met Malangs and Naga Sadhus and a Hijra too.

Hussain Tekri Jaora is one place my American mentor Dr Glenn Losack MD wanted to shoot too but could not make it for this Chehlum to India.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube