Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Source of Shiasm Is A Mother .

155,280 items / 1,225,092 views

The Quintessential Shia mother , a child at her waist a child holding her finger and maybe one more is common sight , you will see , mothers rushing to the majlis , and this is what keeps the flame of faith Azadari e Hussain alive from one generation to the next.

The Maulana on the mimber is blessed by the Mother , its her prayers that garners his future , and this is my humble tribute to the Shia mother , I dont have one so perhaps I see my mother in every Shia women that speeds past my camera lens and this was one hurried shot , and in the same way Marziyas mother my daughter in law takes Marziya every afternoon to the majlis the main education book of our spirituality,,,

Majlis will not be missed , come what may, the regimen of daily matam in the evenings at the house Imambada.

And without the Shia mother I cant imagine the unimaginable I have shot Shia ethos in most of the cities of India Lucknow Delhi Hyderabad Kolkatta Hussaintekri and Mumbai.. the Mother is the common link the strength of our Faith our spirituality our salvation here and the hereafter..

One Mother deprived of all happiness robbed of the fruits of the Garden of Zehra ..yes that One Mother and the million mothers all over the world symbolizing Hussain and a world of Humanity called Hussainiyat.

I dont shoot pictures I shoot you in your mothers arms , I shoot you with your snotty nose , your child memories and through your memories my own..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube