Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Children from other Communities Waiting For The Dagger and Kamazani

Some of the Tamil Hindu kids wait for their turn to be blessed by the dagger with a mark on their head , such is the faith in Shia rituals and its the prerogative of the Hindu mother.

This Is India a land where people live in peace respecting each others rituals and religion, giving respect getting respect , this is quintessential Indian mutual coexistence and tolerance level, near Andhra in a village Hindus walk on fire and pay tribute to the Martyrdom of Imam Hussain.

I promote Hindu Muslim amity through my images including shooting Sufi , Sunni Christian rituals.

I walk barefeet on the burning road of Mumbai and shoot the 14 stations of the cross , I was not allowed to pierce my cheeks with a 18 feet rod for the Tamil Hindu goddess Marayam but I shall do it next year to show my solidarity with them as an Indian and as a Hindu Shia..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube