Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Shias of Chennai on Ashura Day Also Known as Shahadat



156,059 items / 1,237,875 views

I have more than 800 pictures to post in this Ashura segment that I shot in Chennai barefeet , my head was raw my bleeding takes time to stop as I am a diabetic , I would have cut my head more violently had the crowds not stopped me , but than it would have been impossible to shoot more pictures as my camera body and lens were splattered in blood sticky and untouchable.

I shot a lot of pictures once this procession reached the 1000 lights mosque , the zanjeer matam and hand matam continued , than one group exited the mosque going back to Chota Naksha mubarak with the Alams I walked with them , a long walk on tired legs .

I had tabbaruk and finally came home , home was where I put up with Dr Abbas Ali Meer , after rest I shot a Shame Ghariba house majlis.

The following day Mesaq dropped me at Chennai Central I took the Chennai Mumbai Express ,,This is my second day non stop trying to upload my stuff at Flickr and I am saddened that my account now stands marked Unsafe because of its graphic nature , specially the childrens head cutting that I have moderated and added a restricted filter so as not to hurt peoples sensibilities.

I have from the day I joined Flickr in June 2007 adhered to Flickr terms and regulations and played by the book.

I hope Flickr staff re reviews my status and places my account back to Safe settings.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube