Saturday, October 9, 2010

He Is My Guru For Wisdom Beyond Photography

149,561 items / 1,145,123 views

Dhyaanamoolam Gurur Moorthihi
Poojamoolam Guroh Padam
Mantramoolam Guror Vaakyam
Moksha Moolam Guru Krupa.

Meaning: The Guru's form is the best to meditate upon; the Guru's feet are the best for worship; the Guru's word is the mantra; the Guru's Grace is the root of liberation.



I met Mr KG Maheshwariji a giant of a humble man through my Guru late Prof BW Jatkar almost 10 years back.

Late Prof Jatkar Saab used to call Maheshwarriji as Babuji.

He was the one to call Mr Maheshwari Dronacharya too.. the man who uses the camera like a bow to shoot arrows in time and space... that is the essence of a teacher teaching photography as archery to those who wanted to learn and partake from the well of knowledge.

Though calling KGM my Guru is not lip service , and though I revere him as Guru , but he does not acknowledge me as his chela.. is not the crux of this blog.. I modeled for KGM at his house and was a participant in his shoots and workshops but that was it..

To be a chela of an eminent Guru requires the passion of a snail and I am mere speck of dust on the mirror of human consciousness breakable mortal and vulnerable to the pangs of human predicative as my karmic fate.

I was influenced by KGM as a poet as a photoblogger and as a human being.

This picture was shot by his house boy and I was meeting KGM after a very long time , I was not sure this meeting would materialize as he leaves house by 11am ffor work and I had aborted my Pitru Paksha shoot at Banganga to steal a few moments and capture a few on film for posterity.

I was thirsty I quenched my thirst with two glasses of chilled water and a hot cup of tea this very room where KGM had shot me along with Prof BW Jattkar .

All these pictures in this set are a tribute to Mr Maheshwariji this set is tilted Guru Parampara at Flickr.com.

I shot close to 45 pictures Mr Maheshwariji shot me too on my Nikon D 80 .

And I am not worried if my two and a half year old grand daughter street photographer Marziya Shakir who shoots on the Nikon D 80 begins calling KGM her Guru too..

And I salute KGM saab for his advise his guidance his views that have helped mold me and keep my volatile nature in check..

And I love this house the special temple in this house that is the soul within the soul of Mrs KG Maheshwariji .. of course the temple in her heart has just one main deity neigbors envy owners pride ,.. KGM saab..however on equal level are her children , her grandchildren and her great grand children.

I pray to God to keep this family always happy in peace hope and prosperity .


I bow to you Master my Guru No 1.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube