Thursday, October 21, 2010

Going Home After Visarjan On The First Day 2010

151,408 items / 1,159,723 views


This was shot on my way back home in the ricksha on the first day of Durga Visarjan, I had come to Juhu beach at about 6 pm and in a few hours had shot 881 pictures of the Immersion of Goddess Durga and her other avatar Ma Ambe.

I was barefeet and I tried capture as much as I could I also shot the Hijras who had bought their Durga for immesion from Andheri.

And as a tribute to the Bengali Lions of Mumbai the Mukerjees , I have placed the pictures of their Durga Visarjan in a separate set at my Flickr photo stream.

I have always been very close to the Mukerjees since a long time I had worked on Subir Mukerjees Rock Dancer and also with Samrat Mukerjee.

And so I finally end my Durga Visrajan series..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube