Sunday, September 12, 2010

Pratik Koli The Most Fun Loving Blogger Friendly Media Photographer

I have some fabulous friends among media photographers and photo journos , and I have a healthy respect for most of them barring a few who hate us bloggers treat us as lepers and discards and this is a fact I have seen even now .

Of course I don't mess with them or they with me I ignore the as much as they ignore me.

I am not a pedigreed blue blood photographer but my two and a half year old grand daughter who is a street photographer is pedigree and this is a fact..Her teacher is an Americaan Jew Dr Glenn Losack MD .

He is in fact my teacher too.

As a photographer it is pictures we saw in newspapers that charmed us initially it was their pictures we saw and and mesmerized us completely,

But than all of them began shooting the same way each one copying the other so similar to club club and photographers the crass crept in and it continues...

As I dont have to appease a certain section of the public or political bosses or the photo editor I shoot what I want to shoot even if you dont like it simply because I shoot with my eyes and not your own..

I get a lot of messages some of appreciation others of hate I shoot the religious seasons under the sun giving each religion or faith utmost respect like my own Shia faith.


I met Pratik Koli on Facebook and it is just yesterday we exchanged mobile numbers he shoots me I shoot him , wherever whenever we meet..

I have never talked to him just Hi Bye ..I dont know anything about him where we meet there is no time for pleasantries , yesterday I thought I would take him home for Sheer Korma but he had disappeared.

My respect for this young versatile media photographer is akin to a father for his son and he is my younger sons age ..or maybe much younger.

He shoots the way he shoots I shoot my way but we are still connected through the camera the only instrument of peace hope and harmony.

And I hope his tribe increases so when new bloggers shoot the streets they get the support of the veteran Media photographers too, we are not here to compete with you but yes want to show our point of view and stand in solidarity with you as your brother within the same fraternity of creativity.


And I was speaking to Pratik a few minutes back I shall post this on his Facebook Wall,

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube