Monday, September 6, 2010

Mr Pratap Sarnaik Introducing Me To The Thane Crowds

141,671 items / 1,097,190 views\


I am an insignificant speck of dust that had blown to Thane once upon a time by fate , I had made friends in 2008 with the Talwadi Govinda group from Tardeo and followed them in their truck to to the few places they were to break the Dahi Handi I shot them at Worli at Shivaji park and the last stop was at Thane Mr Pratap Sarnaiks Dahi Handi.


I am a diabetic and I shoot barefeet I was not sure whether I should undertake such a trip bu I went and shot the World Record Dahi handi that the Talwadi boys broke which was organized by
: Sanskruti Yuva Pratishtan Vartak Nagar Thane.

It was here I met Purvesh Sarnaik son of Pratapji and became friends on the internet and he came to my sons wedding and this became a lasting relationship.


This year he invited me again so after shooing Dadar Ranade Road Dahi Handi I left for Thane barefeet and in my state of fasting or roza.

I was shooting the event from 3 pm till 11.30 pm after breaking my fast in the evening victuals duly provided by Papu bhai and Govind Sridhar Naik.

I shot prolifically non stop and so Mr Pratap Sarnaik in all humility introduced me to the crowds and saw that I got a standing ovation.. but I know he is such a great man a living legend of Peace the ovation was for him more than me...

As a Muslim I have shot my culture and the heritage of my country and all this on a single thread of a thought called Hope and Hindutva a Message of Peace.

At Flickr where all my blogs are housed 75 % of my blogs are on Hinduism.. and though I never stress my religiosity when I shoot but I wanted guys who have added me recently to know my back ground and my ethos as a nationalist peace loving Indian.

Yes I am as much a Hindu as you are a Muslim merely a tag of convenience placed on our heads there is nothing greater than the Motherland to which we belong irrespective of caste color or creed.

Thank you Mr Pratap Sarnaik Bhabiji Purvesh Vihang and all of you for making me feel at home ..

Last but not the least Purvesh Sarnnaik came to my house the following day to felicitate me along with my two and a half year old grand daughter Marziya Shakir who is a street photographer too shoots with the Nikon D 80..

And thank you Sangram Musale for this picture and so many pictures you shot with me and the celebrities thank you Papu bhai too.

Thank you Thane above all.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube