Monday, September 6, 2010

Documenting Hope and Hindutva a Message of Peace at Thane

I missed my tely lens that I sold recently to pay for my Ajmer trip I had shot some of the finest pictures with my Nikon ED 80- 200 2-8 .

It was bought through installments as I did not have 40000 hard bucks to but it several years back, during the film era and along with the 20 mm it was part of my minimal photography element.

Most of my lenses suffered imminent death as I walked on fire during a Moharam event called Ag Ka Matam and the other being blood that percolated into my lens when I cut my head with a sword during Ashura Chehlum Moharam rituals I perform twice a year in Mumbai or wherever I celebrate Moharam as a Shia and a photographer.

During the Hindu festivals it is gulal that is thrown at the camera or water during the dahi handi that causes a lot of damage, and I am the easy target because of my sartorial curiosity.


Here at Thane at Vartak Nagar it was a nice safe haven , shooting the human pyramids from the stage and I am not much into this kind of event photography as I am a street photograher who loves to move than be stuck at one place and yet it was a call from Purvesh Sarnaik that bought me here I made some great friends and met Thane photographers and photographers from the media.

This might be one of my longest series shot from one place using a single camera body Nikon D 80 and a single lens 17-70..

I might not be able to cross blog al this at my other stes or Facebook and Twitter so see it all at Fickr my photo stream.

I still have another memory card of this event in my camera yet to download.

I have also kept my 21 Ramzan balance pictures on hold to post all this.

Most of the pictures where I am featured at this event were shot by a talented youth Sangram Musale I give him the credit he deserves and bless him too.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube