Thursday, September 23, 2010

Lalbagh Chya Raja Visarjan Journey 2010

146,152 items / 1,120,730 views

This is my new series at Flickr I will begin uploading I shot this with passion barefeet and in all humility all these pictures of Lalbagh Chya Raja near the Gate would not have been possible with help from a volunteer of Lalbag hCjya Raja and a very dear friend Vikram, all the avenues to shoot this sequence were closed to guys had come since early morning to get a place near the gate , I was here by 10 am but got delayed shooting Ganesh Gully Raja .

Vikram found me with great difficulty and bought me near a place but the iron stand fell on my feet and it was my injured feet I was in bad shape limping he took me to this place were I shot over 50 pictures I lost count.

Than I trailed Lalbagh Chya Raja all over Lalbagh Chinchpokli Byculla and finally Do Tanki I shot the Muslims of this area felicitating the Raja but my legs were hurting me and I am a diabetic too..so I cut across Kumbharwada to catch up with Raja at Girgaum , I walked through CP tank shooting various Ganpatis but I finally realized I could not walk any further so I took the way out and caught a train home from Charni Road.

This was the crowded event jam packed and this was one of my toughest shoots I got caught in several stampedes but did not let go of my camera or my satchel.

And this is the introduction of my Lalbagh Chya Raja new series I had some very bad experinces on the way but than I took it in my stride and in situations like this people lose their cool..
The Lalbagh Chya Raja karyakartas and the volunteers gave me a lot of ground support without them my pictures would have not been possible..I shot street scenes too ..

And I did not shoot to many pictures of Lalbagh Chya Raja like old times I think as I did not get strategic positions and because of my limp my injury I could not climb high places like the young photographers and besides I think it is better to be alive and shoot next year to than too climb an electric pole or a shed , dying to get a picture is not the true message of photography.

And this too is part of my thread Hope and Hindutva a Message of Peace and Humanity.

And I dedicate this series to the selfless devoted helping hands of Lalbagh chya Raja the karyakartas and the volunteers.. and my friend Vikram,,

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube