Thursday, September 23, 2010

Come To Think Of It

146,258 items / 1,121,002 views

Had I not shot Ganesh Gully Ka Raja I could have entered Lalbagh Chya Raja pandal and shot the Raja moving out but I had shot it last year and this year I had decided to shoot what came my way, the security was hardcore and the entire area was jam packed ,over smart and a few rude media photographers had taken vantage position and would not give you space even if space existed..

And it shocks me but such is the way of the media barring a few journos I know.


The most cooperative guy was Prasad Sawant of Ganesh Color Lab he took me on his terrace for Lalbagh Chya Raja top shots along with a a senior photographer Mr Locke who once worked PTI and now works for Navkal.

I was barefeet , a iron stand had fallen on my feet but not much damaged done I shot a 8 GB card of the entire Visarja but I stuck to following Lalbagh Chya Raja as a devotee like the rest than a photographer , this was the only change in my mental make up, as a Muslim blogger I showed my solidarity with Inter Faith and my beloved city Mumbai,

I was a Hindu I was a Muslim think what you want I was the color of India.. that touches everyone like the winds of gulal,

I got pictures I am sure and I shot other things too, I met a lot of people , I met a Muslim man who told me the Raja had changed him and he too walks with the Raja..

From the time I was at the procession from 10 am to 11pm .. I had no urge for call of nature I am a diabetic, no urge for food or snacks but I did drink a lot of water from the fee water kiosks.

I met some great people but I am not tying to talk on my pictures you see them and fill in the blanks with your own thoughts.

Earlier I used to be highly impressed with young photographers climbing lampposts walls sheds to shoot the Lalbagh Chya Raja but I realized it is nothing but bravado, stupidity at the expense of a picture I did tell that to one of them..

Shooting pictures is about staying Alive for your parents your loved ones.

Shooting pictures is not getting blown away in a stampede and losing your high end camera , when you shoot the Visarjan you take a normal camera , you dont carry a hefty wallet or a Rolex watch or a Blackberry..

I shot two kids very young who were stealing mobile phones along with another elderly guy they were caught by the cops ..and so at the Visarjan shoot humility and common sense keeps you alive.
I think so..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube