Saturday, September 11, 2010

I Shot This Because He Was One Unhappy Soul on Idd Like Me

142,966 items / 1,105,511 views

Many years back when I began taking lessons of life through photography I shot a woman sitting away a distant from the Namaz praying men that picture was the best picture of my life ..

Here I was barefeet moving towards the Badi Masjid to take a few shots but I shot this person up close too adding to my own sadness on Idd Day , remembering my dead parents my ancestors and their contribution to my life and my childrens life..

If you see this path fuck the diagonal lines you will know what my pain is as poet who is more sensitive than human to be able to shoot crass and shit on the streets literally.

The street is a school teaching you new lessons even from the same subjects or places like I shoot day in and day out..

Now I will tell you what saddens me somewhere beyond Mumbai beyond your wildest imagination people praying connecting with God and than a suicide bomber blows them up because his Mullah has taught him to hate Shias bomb their prayer halls their Holy Shrines the same attributes of religiosity blood splattered and more.


I am a Muslim also a Shia but I shoot the Bandra Station Idd Namaz to show you the soul of India and specially Mumbai Bandra without malice or sectarian hate and that is why I changed tracks and walked back from this juncture to shoot peace and brotherhood as see it on the viewfinder of my Soul.

God exists everywhere and when it began to rain the Imam told the people to sit where they were get wet the rain will go away and it did , new clothes getting dirtied soiled did not matter to these Muslims..

This is Faith and belief it was sunny till the end of the Namaz.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube