Saturday, September 11, 2010

Ganeshas Going Home In The Rains

This time I did not go to the Lal Bagh workshops to catch up with the Ganeshas that leave for the various pandals and the rains and my state of mind prevented me from doing so.. much as I wished but while returning from the pandal of Lal Bagh Chya Raja and waiting for a bus to take me home I shot these few street pictures.

In the bus I met a guy bald headed who saw me and said he stayed at Ranade Road from the building where I had shot the Dahi Handii pictures .

He asked me why I was dressed the way I am I told him I was a Sufi and that was enough to quieten his curiosity. But strangely another Muslim guy sat besides me he too asked me the same question about my dress sense I told him I was a Malang and a Mastan.

That kept him also quiet.

I got off near Badi Masjid and cut through JJ Colony shooting some more street pictures and no Marziya to greet me or wash and scrub my dirty feet in the washroom.. she has gone to her maternal grand parents home for a long holiday and wil not be able to shoot the Ganpati pandals with me.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube