Friday, September 3, 2010

All Photographers Meet At Dadar During Dahi Handi Even Those That Have Passed Away

My late Guru BW Jatkar used to bring me here and than give me tips on shooting the Dahi Handi and it was the film era , he with his girth and his firmness and Salvador Dali mustache waxed to the ending points.

Every year after his passig away I remember him and every frame I shot t Dadar yesterday in the morning is my Shraddanjali to him , in a way I think he is alive and lives within the soul of the disciple.


I know I too will go away luckily my disciple is only a two and a year old gifted child because I could not bring her here I shot with her eyes too my grand daughter Marziya Shakir.


At Dadar you see all the war veterans old photographers and the newbie taking ainm to shoot the greatest event of Mumbai after Lalbagh Cha Raja the Dahi Handi.

Media photographers bloggers like me and the new breed of mobile photographers a very vibrant documenting authority..without being bothered by the decisive moment of Cartier Bresson.

I must however confess I did not shoot Dadar in the trigger happy way and as this is not a large segment I shal post this at Flickr and take you to my next upload either today or tomorrow Mr Pratap Sarnaiks Vartak Nagar Dahi Handi 2010 .

I was invited by his son Purvesh Sarnaik.

My Dadar Dahi Handi set 2010 is dedicated to the eternal photographic soul of late Prof BW Jatkar who was quintessentially referred as Black and White Jatkar

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube