Saturday, August 28, 2010

The Disciple is Also The Guru of the Guru

139,724 items / 1,081,939 views

Marziya Shakir Shoots Her Guru on the Nikon D 80

Guroraadi Anaadischa
Guruh Parama Daivatam
Guroh Parataram Naasti
Tasmai Sri Gurave Namaha.

Meaning: The Guru has neither beginning nor end; the Guru is the ultimate God (in the visible form). There is nothing beyond this Guru principle, and I salute such a Guru.


The first and the last person I am teaching the art of unlearning photography is a gifted child all of two and a half years old and who holds the Nikon D 80 like a piece of clay that molds thoughts into pictures.

I introduced Marziya my grand daughter to the camera from the second day of her life on this planet , before she saw me she saw the spectral light of the camera.

For me the camera is a holy scripture that binds my soul to Truth.

The camera is also a Messenger of Peace and connects me to you through a picture for life.

I have in a way demystified the allure of the camera I have bought it from Cartier Bressons hallowed pedestal into the hands of a child and for me a child is greater than God ..because the child is the torchbearer of Gods Godliness in all its virtues without flaws..

And here my blog will hit you real real hard and it is not part of this introspection of my soul or my grand daughters.

The child is what you are the child is you your ancestry your heritage the child is all what you put into it as a plant , the way you nourished it and much more.

The picture above was shot by my grand daughter as the ultimate honesty and as a Guru Dakshina of her love for me and the camera.

I am really hurt as a human being as a Muslim I am fasting when somebody harms the tenets of Islam or Ramzan the month of Piety he harms me my culture my upbringing and my values.

I am a Shia Muslim but I am a Muslim all the same and Islam is a banyan tree with several branches and roots sustained by Allah His Holy Prophet and Ahle Bayt.

I have begin my quote with a Hindu text such is the power of my cultural attachment to my country its ethos and its people.

I was saddened like you of reading the brutal murder in cold blood of a 19 year old girl by a Muslim lad of the same age and whatever his reasons or his grouse murder is murder and taking someones life is the worst crime I think.

And considering this is a premeditated murder as reported in Midday as he was in possession of the knife for three days.

So what comes to mind did he get up for Sairi Namaz broke his fast and than did this unwholesome deed or did he skip Tarabi I mean Ramzan is a time of forgiveness a time of patience calm.. And I leave this without sentimentalizing an issue that is being investigated .

So where did society his parents his religion go wrong..he is not a illiterate guy and only 19.

So when I am teaching my grand daughter two and a half years old to shoot the beggars on the streets with my own camera I am definitely not teaching her photography..

And this episode was really bothering me so I add it to my angst on this post.

Repentance Guilt Betrayal Love what is all this and what use is Education if you dont have culture or humanity.

So in a way I am also learning from my grand daughter what I failed to learn from my kids as I was an alcoholic when they were growing up..I do have regrets but I cannot change the hands of the clocks..

But I have changed myself and the spirit of the disciple is changing and resurrecting the dead soul of a Guru.



#

Na Guror Adhikam Tatwam
Na Guror Adhikam Tapaha
Tatwa Gnyaanaat Param Naasti
Tasmai Sri Gurave Namaha.

Meaning: There no greater principle than the Guru; there is no greater penance than the Guru; There is no greater knowledge than meditation on such a Guru. I salute such a Guru.

So the Disciple is Also the Guru of the Guru..

And this post is dedicated to my Gurus KG Maheshwariji Mr Shreekanth Malushte and late Prof BW Jatkar.

ps dont miss my wife included in the frame too ...

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube