Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Silhouette of the Hijab

135,551 items / 1,038,367 views

She is smiling at me and if I don't elaborate here the essence of this smile would be misinterpreted and hit me as a father and as a grand father .


I was bringing Marziya from school and she walks 15 minute distance from school to home , because like me she loves the streets and as she knows most of the people via the Bazar path we take.

I will try to put her in a rick but she will insist on walking with her bag on her shoulder and her smile in place..

When we approached Kalidas provision store she gave me a tug , I saw this lady with her crippled son on a wheel chair begging the streets.

Marziya immediately took some money and gave it to the beggar boy.

So the mothers smile her love for Marziya shows through the slits of her hijab that serves as eyes..


Motherhood is such a powerful source of love a reservoir of kindness within the silhouette of the Hijab.

This is street photography capturing light and shade , within the soul of Motherhood.

This is the power of the Hijab
a garment of modesty , she wears
her pain her joys her kindness
on receiving alms
from a two year old child
with a smile she shares
holistic healing power of
motherhood she bares
she does not complain
curse her bad fate
a broken down wheel
time will repair
caught in a vicious
poverty's snare
a mother a cripple son
both a unique pair


And this year for the first time I did not go to shoot the Wiladate E Imame Zamana celebrations at the Gateway Pier , my wife and family went I stayed behind, I gave myself a break I have already re posted much of it from old posts into my current photo stream at Flickr and Facebook.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube