Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Marziya Shakir Head Bowed In Prayer

135,540 items / 1,038,065 views

I shot this a few days back, but due to a faulty card reader the card got corrupted I thought I had lost all the pictures but I managed to salvage them , the loss would have hit me simply because Marziya has begun her namaz , imitating the elders and the core essence of our faith .,..head bowed in prayers.

What can I tell you about Marziya that you already dont know , she kisses peoples hand and shows her respect to them.

At the moment I can hear her crying in her parents room..and she has these crazy bouts .

My poem for her


following the footsteps
of her mother her father
her grand mother
marziya shakir
head bowed in prayers
namaz
the core essence
of our spiritual survival
as important as air
a breath of life
in every layer
our humility
with the maker
we share
whenever
we need him
he is there
like a beacon
of hope
in our despair
through
namaz
our allegiance
to him
declare

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube