Monday, July 5, 2010

A Safe Haven Called The Veil

She covers her shame begging on the path to Taragadh, and mind you it is insanely dry and hot ..and she will sit there for hours as devotees going upwards to the Chilla of Ghaus Pak or the Dargah at Taragadh will throw her a few coins.

This is the sad part of existence , he children cluster around her and without throwing doubts on her poverty , where is her husband.I dd not ask her most of the beggars I shot in Mumbai at Bandra where I stay are forced into beggary by their husbands in most cases.
And so you know how the hijab saves her from ignominy and degradation.

And I am really upset by a news in Times of India , Hands chopped off for Prophet insult by Muslim fanatics in Kerala of a college lecturer accusing him of defaming the Holy Prophet.

And Kerala the most literate and Gods own country.. Shame.

The other sad news was the fall of a six year old boy from a luxury hotel in Juhu.. Saddening.

Well this is the last segment of this memory card I have place about 99 pictures for uploading , another card remains before my Ajmer travelogue in Sufi hinterland comes to an end.

Taragadh was introspection of street pain..though it is a hilly trail, I shot it as a street photographer .

Street photography is an impulsive piece of madness you shoot with your inner eye and let the camera do the rest.

Using a digital camera makes it much easier and as much as I liked shoting film and slide I could never do it again my world is larger than 35 frames of Film.

I post everything I shoot only the dark black duds I remove.

I dont mess my pictures with cropping nor do I re-size them..they come hot and burning like loaves from the furnace of life.

And I am cooped up at home ., earlier Bandhs I took my camera to shoot the shut shops and the lonely streets , but my world is a world of people I shoot humanity and would not be able to shoot a blank canvas..

Of course for the beggar there is no Bandh at all.

Without any political overviews or influence I am apolitical by nature but yes..

I support the Bandh as the poor Mans suffering the rock spiraling prices is a silent way of eliminating him completely..driving him away from Mumbai..making it only the rich mans paradise.

I left this post incomplete and ran down as I saw BJP protesters running beneath my house to shoot the events..arrest of Advocate Ashish Shelar BJP leader and I walked towards the Sea Link to shoot protesters burning tyres and shouting slogans.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube