Monday, July 5, 2010

My Barefeet Trek to Taragadh

I decided to walk barefeet to Taragadh a distance of about 6 km..I had not visited this place for many years because of shortage of time..

Ramzan Ali Bhai the Khadim of the Dargah at Taagadh had invited me, it took me about 2 hours to finally reach the top, because of my leisurely pace and I was shooting on the way.

A stretch of the most pathetic beggars of Ajmer will be found here.

The beggars with burnt bodies exposed wounds is really a horrible sight I distributed a lot of money on this stretch..

On this path heading up is the replica or Chila of Ghaus Pak, known as Bade Peersaab.

On my return I came by a van paying Rs 20.

The following day I returned to Mumbai via Surat by bus.

I shot all this on June 21 2010.

As I will not be cross blogging all this at Facebook or my other sites you will have see it directly at Flickr.

This is a separate set at Flickr for the viewers convenience only.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube