Monday, July 19, 2010

Documenting Mahim Urus 2008 Trying to Contact Salman Khan

The most enchanting moment in Sufidom of Mumbai is the Urus of the the Holy Saint Makhdoom Shah Baba al Mahimi..and though I have shot it for several years the most memorable one for me was the Mahim Urus 2008 a set on Flickr 1376 pictures starting with the Mahim Police sandal led by Sr Inspector Latpate from the Police Station to the Dargah I did not shoot this sandal entirely it takes a very long route and long time and I am barefeet .

And I shot the Siddis of Junagadh too.

I would than visit the Mahim Mela or Fair and than proceed to the Dhuni and document the angst of the Chancawalli Rafaees ..it is one Rafaee group I have documented with an unseen and unbelievable passion..

I am updating this post 18 July 2010.

And yes I miss my long hair too..I had gone to meet Salman Khan at his house but it was sheer impossible with the huge crowds gathered near his house and the watchman was not taking chances today being Sunday and before one could say Jack , Salman Bhai gave everyone the slip escaping in a white car with two bodyguards on motorbikes in tow.

I came back home but not before shooting the St Peters Church Waroda Road and some parts of Bandra Bazar Road.

And its the first time I am revisiting this Urus set after two years.
Most of my pictures crave for text but I let them age gracefully and than poetize them accordingly.

The G9 Canon Powershot round my neck was presented to me by Dr Glenn Losack MD but was stolen during Moharam and the Mumbai Police have yet to get back for me..

Mahim Urus is one huge big event shot by the Shia Blogger of Mumbai barefeet to the core.,

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube