Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Chavivala or Keyman

I shoot simple people simple situations I shoot memories of man on the street of despair.

I am not lucky as most of you guys are as photographers you can buy a ticket and shoot the other side of the moon I am stuck too my surroundings..like a slave to my karmic fate.

When I walk with my wife and go to take a shot she blurts out did you not shoot him last time , and I answer her with two dots..that are my bedazzled eyes.

I shoot and document the life of man in my surroundings, some places like the Police Road side cemetery I never get tired shooting..and Lord Jesus who guides me towards him when I have nothing else to shoot and I can always shoot my bejeweled hand..

And than I think without insinuation the media guys who are worse than me shooting the same thing too without poetry or prose.

The same hackneyed situations leaving aside a photo editor shooting Kasab..

My pictures in all humility are poems of the drama of life identifiable to Indians perhaps not the white man.


My pictures are colloquial sounds of silence and my world as a street photographer centers around Bandra where I live and work.


I dont sell my pictures or my text so I am under no editorial obligation or constrain.

And today I called up my Peersaab Fakhru Miya Hujra No 6 Ajmer and told him I was totally drained emotionally and financially and might not make it to Ajmer Sharif for the Urus..

He was adamant I must come to Ajmer and I know only a miracle or the call from Khwajah Garib Nawaz can see me there.


And it is not my ticket to Ajmer but my other commitments on hand that refuse to let me go..I am chained o a lamppost where time like a dog comes and piddles on my face ..to remind me I am as human but not enough like the guy next door.

So this is a blog..of pain of a photo blogger who shoots the dimensionality of pain...in color but white washed as a monochromatic malady..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube