Sunday, May 9, 2010

Queens Necklace To Sukhi Hontu

Sukhi is a facebook friend

And she sent me a message that is a message of universal peace I share being deeply touched by what she has written of my city and me.



Sukhi Hontu - There are many aspects to my fascination with your photography. I consider

us to be the same "age" although I am your elder by a few years. You would

have been 18-21 when I was 21-24 years old living in the most beautiful

city in the world, Bombay...just to say" Bombay" fills me with the

sweetness of golden honey. I "walk" the streets with your photographs, and

even get a more natural view because I am a white woman and I have no

business being there. Living there was most exotic.The Bazzars, Samovar

, Dipti's,Colaba, Marine Drive...the Queen's Necklace, that great

second floor restaurant with Thalli plates on Marine Drive with windows

open to the ocean, the South Indian Center (with snack bar) on Churchgate.

The Talk of Town Bar on the corner of Marine Drive and Churchgate and the

first Pizza place...



You find the Magic and Exotic Beauty of the old Bombay and take pictures

with empathy for the human beings who inhabit a city of Bollywood

Dreams/Mumbai. You record as a witness all the religious pageantry. You

participate. You live an amazing life. Blessings that your Granddaughter

has given you the spiritual "snap out of it" energy to live, love, laugh

and be happy. Your poetry is worlds better than a weekly visit to a

therapist. Thanks for being my friend and metaphysical brother in watching

the world and keeping humor within our pathos .

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube