Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A Blog Demystified

The two naughtiest kids their father owns this bread and provision stall they live at the slums at the back..they have one passion besides creating a havoc where they go, they want to be photographed , and though they are naughty they are good kids..we were naughty too when we were their age and I shoot them as I see them , and you see them as I saw them..these are ordinary kids ordinary situation but who really has time to see them or shoot them.

We like manipulated scenes , manipulated poses and postures ..I shoot reality I shoot my childhood and yours too.. this is the essence of street photography a science of reading raw human emotions without text books.


Street photography is street poetry , the chaos the cacophony you reproduce , on the viewers soul and yours too if you are a street poet like me.

I can write a poem here within seconds but sometimes poetizing prose is a better option.

These kids are the heroes of my slum blogs I shoot them without complaining, they look different to me everyday .

Sometimes I want to shoot the interiors of their dwellings to show you how they live in cramped quarters and though this is a slum it is on premium land mind you..

The mornings it is two things the call for Namaz and the call for filling water two important aspect of survival for body and soul.

Than the long line and wait, the smell of defecation , near the common toilet..the hurry the squabbles the banging at the door if the guy is doing more than jut shitting his blues away..

Festival times in the slums are fun ..feasts marriages and birth.

Death in the slums hits everybody .. even the person who thinks he will never dies..rightfully so as his wife his children have predeceased him.


So now you know why a photo blog is different from an article in a newspaper you live life of another man , and you dont need wings to to live life king size as he does.

And you dont have to pay me Rs 5 to see my world or the world I shoot it will live long after I am dead and gone unless my children delete my account at Flickr and deactivate my life on Facebook..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube