Friday, April 16, 2010

Growing Up In The Slums

123,576 items / 855,725 views

This is the slum that takes me via this narrow lane cutting through a tunnel of a tree to a mound outside , that leads to the Bandra transit camp and from there I branch out to a lane that leads to Bandra Jain Mandir Road and straight to Bandra Hill Road.


I dont want to imagine what this will be during the rains, I am sure water enters most of these cheek and body hugging shanties in the slums , every available space is part of the extension of the house, some of the people have invested wisely and have several rooms , they have given on hire to the slum dog caterers too.

There are two provision stores in the slums..and the kids are always studying doing their homework or some because of the holidays playing cricked on the mound.

Today Mohomed bhai the Tamarind and Bora guy was missing.

But I shot another Muslim beggar woman with her tiny child today..,she was in real bad state and the pain continues..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube