Friday, April 2, 2010

14 Stations of The Cross Good Friday 2010

121,911 items / 838,160 views

This is my new set at Flickr I shot this morning barefeet in the hot burning sun, to show my solidarity with my Christian brethren.

I have been shooting this for a few years now , and this was 21 Live Stations of the Cross presented by Joe Dias the founder of this event, a very humble low profile God loving and God fearing Man.
As this is a very long series I covered on foot , though the event truck guys let me sit with them most of the time , but yet I wanted to feel the pain of the Christian community and this was totally inspired by little kids who walked with their parents making this a very memorable moment of spirituality, so the credit for making me brave my soul goes entirely to kids , who encouraged me and I am crying as I write this when I reached Vakola market women washed my feet with cold water.. they had cleansed me for a life time.I shall never forget this moment in my life it will stay as the poetry and drama of my spiritual awakening as a human being.

The procession began at 10 am from Sacred Heart Church, Santa Cruz West , inaugurated and blessed by the parish priest Fr Tony and Fr Neil.

Here the Gethsemane episode was the first station of the cross capturing of Jesus by the Roman soldiers , than it went to Kalina Vakola and ended at St Charles Church at 4.30 pm.
All the pictures you will have to see at Flickr I will post this single post to my other websites . including Google Buzz Facebook and Twitter

When I got into the rickshah I was wet , I removed my tshirt and reached home , in a really messy state , my 2 year old grand daughter Marziya Shakir scrubbed my feet and her touch is holistic healing too.

I am at home and after placing the pictures for uploading shall leave for work..
i just called Joe Dias and thanked him for his love his hospitality and his volunteers who helped me along to shoot all this.

One of their hymns I share with you .

Thou art the potter , I am the clay
Mold and make me after thy will
While I am waiting yielded and still

Wounded and weary help me I pray
Power all power surely is thine
Touch me and heal me Savior Divine..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube